Pages

Models Own Lipsticks Review

I purchased the Models Own Lipsticks from Boots in the summer. They're normally £6 each but I bought them when they were on offer. Boots had a 3 for 2 offer running at the time, which was a bargain. The colours really popped out and they come in a clear sparkly plastic packaging with a with models own logo. I bought the Orangeade shade and the Coral shade. 





Orangeade:

This is a really vibrant, bright orange colour which really pops out and its perfect for the summer time. I'm in love with the colour, but felt I had to use it with a soft pink colour lipstick on top to tone it down as it was too bright for my skin tone. Its been described as "matt hyper brite", but I found it to have a soft satin sheen. It has a light coverage and you need to apply a few layers to get a good amount of colour. It felt hard to apply, it felt like i was rolling hard plastic on my lips. Overall, if your looking for a bright orange coloured lipstick on a budget, this really is a great lipstick to try.

Top: Orangeade in the shade.
Bottom: Orangeage in the daylight.
Coral:
This is a bright coral pink colour, its very similar to the orangeade shade but with a hint of pink in it. This lipstick also felt hard to apply, and needed layers to build up the colour. It has a matt to satin sheen and i felt i had to soften the colour down with a soft pink colour on top as this colour didn't suit my skin tone either.

Top: Coral shade in the shade.
Bottom:  Coral shade in daylight.
Conclusion:
These lipsticks are perfect for the summer time and would suit light/fair skin toned people. They have a bright colour which stands out, which is great if you want to make a statement. They need a couple of layers to achieve a good level of pigment, but saying that, they do last for a couple of hours once applied. There inexpensive to buy and would suit anyone's budget. I rate these 3/5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment