Pages

MUA Lipsticks Review


I've had these lipsticks for a while and I thought I would review them because I think there amazing. You can buy these lipsticks from Superdrug or the MUA online store and they only cost £1 each. I love makeup especially if its a bargain, you just cant go wrong! MUA currently have 16 shades in their lipstick collection.


The lipsticks come in simple black packaging with a small screw cap pot at the bottom of the lipstick containing the same shade of lipstick as the top, which can be handy if you apply your lipstick with a brush. I find these pots super cute! The lipsticks have an opaque to thick consistency and  have glossy, satin, metallic and glittery finishes.
   
                                    

The Shades:
MUA offers a variety of shades to suit everyone's needs. They have a very creamy, moisturising texture and glide on very smoothly. 


Shade One:
With Flash                                                Without Flash
I found shade 1 really thick and smooth to apply. Its a deep dark red and only needs one or two coats as its super pigmented. I really love the colour but the pictures don't do it much justice as it looks a lot darker in person. I think this would be great to wear in the evening or during the winter months.

Shade Two:
With Flash                                                    Without Flash
Shade 2 is a light pinkish purple colour and its very thin and opaque, you need a couple of coats for a more pigmented colour. This would be perfect to wear during the day.

Shade Three:
With Flash                                                   Without Flash
Shade 3 is a thick, super pigmented bright pink coloured lipstick. I'm in love with this colour, its really smooth to apply and only needs one or two coats. It would be perfect to wear in the summer months or in the evening. 

Shade Four:
With Flash                                                           Without Flash
I found shade 4 to be light and opaque, it needs a couple of coats to reach a certain amount of pigment. Its a light baby pink colour, it was almost nude on my lips. It would be perfect to wear during the day as a natural look. 

Shade Six:
With Flash                                               Without Flash
Shade 6 is really thick, shimmery and metallic. Its a medium metallic pink colour with a hint of gold in it. I'm not a fan of this shade. If your lips are not smooth at the time of applying, it will show all of the small cracks in the lips. This is best to wear in the evening.

Shade Seven:
With Flash                                                   Without Flash
Shade 7 is really thick, shimmery and metallic. Its very similar to shade 6 but its slightly darker, i would say almost a dark peachy pink. I wasn't keen on the shimmer in this shade, however, I did like the colour. This is best to wear in the evening. 

Shade Eight:
With Flash                                                        Without Flash 
 Shade 8 has a thick consistency and is easy to apply, it only needed one or two coats. The colour is very similar to shade 1 but it has big chunks of glitter in it. It felt grainy and made my lips look like a disco ball. I'm not a fan of the glitter, but I do like the colour. This is best to wear in the evening. 

Shade Eleven:
With Flash                                             Without Flash 
Shade 11 has a really thick consistency. Its a dark peachy brown colour and is super glossy. This is one of my favourite colours and is perfect for both day and night wear.  
Shade Twelve:
With Flash                                           Without Flash 
Shade 12 is medium pink colour and has a thick consistency with large silver glitter chunks in it. It felt grainy and made my lips look like a disco ball. I'm not a fan of this shade. This is best to wear in the evening. 

Shade Thirteen:
With Flash                                           Without Flash 
Shade 13 is a glossy bright red lipstick. Its thick in consistency and is the best colour out of all the shades in my opinion. Its super pigmented and only need one or two coats. Its perfect for both day and night. 

Shade Fifteen:
With Flash                                         Without Flash 
Shade 15 is a creamy light pink colour, almost like a light strawberry milkshake. It has a thick consistency and a glossy finish, but it shows all of the small cracks on the lips. I wasn't fond of this shade. It is best worn during the day.
  
Shade Sixteen:
With Flash                                          Without Flash 

Shade 16 is very similar to shade 15 but slightly darker. Its a creamy peachy orange colour with a thick, glossy consistency, this also has a milky look about it. It also shows all of the small cracks on the lips and is best worn during the day. I was not fond of this shade. 

Conclusion:


Shades 1, 3, 11, 13 are super pigmented and have a thick consistency. They have have a glossy appearance are the best shades in my collection. 

Shades 2 and 4 are more opaque and thin in consistency, they are best worn during the day or when you want a more natural look. 

Shades 6 and 7 are thick in consistency and have a metallic finish. I'm not keen on metallic finishes, so I won't be purchasing these shades again. However, they are best worn in the evenings if you are a fan.

Shades 8 and 12 are thick in consistency and glossy, they have large chunks of glitter in which makes the lipstick feel grainy, which wasn't pleasant when applied. I won't be purchasing these shades again. However, if you are a fan, they are best worn in the evenings.  

Shade 15 and 16 are thick in consistency and super glossy. They have a creamy texture, they look milky when applied. I felt that these shades didn't suit my skin tone, I think they would suit people with very fair/light skin. For this reason I will not be purchasing these shades again. 
  
So ladies, before you buy a lipstick please make sure you check that it suits your skin tone. However, at £1 a lipstick you cant go wrong. You can use these to test what shade suits you best and the quality is amazing. They are similar to the more high end products which cost a lot more. I find the MUA lipsticks to be cheap and cheerful which would suit any budget. I rate them 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment